Things to do
Cardiff is a modern European capital that can't fail to please, no matter what activities you're looking for.
The city boasts an impressive offering of things to do including 73 restaurants; 149 pubs, bars and nightclubs (18 on the waterfront); hundreds of shops including designer brands, high street names and local boutiques.
Cardiff possesses a striking mix of ultra modern and beautifully historic architecture; a national museum; bay side arts & crafts, live music, festivals; the skyline dominating Wales Millennium Centre theatre; the international 74,500 seat Millennium stadium and a whole lot more. It's an exhaustive mix that could tire you out, That's why after soaking up the sights you should relax at Sleeperz Cardiff, we're at the centre of it all!
You can purchase tickets for the City Sightseeing Hop On-Hop Off Bus at reception. Click on the link for further details and ticket prices.
- Cardiff Castle - a truly remarkable site with a history that spans over 2000 years
- Cardiff Bay - home to a large freshwater lake for sailing and water sports, also a hotspot for bars and restaurants with everything from Italian to Turkish cuisine
- National Museum of Cardiff - houses Wales's national art, natural history, archaeology and geology collections, as well as major touring and temporary exhibitions
Download discount vouchers for attractions from the South Wales Attractions website.
Entertainment & Sport
- Millennium Stadium - the home of rugby and major sports and music events
- Motorpoint Arena - Cardiff's best music / comedy concert venue
- St David's Hall - hosts regular classical music performances, including lunchtime concerts, and is the home of the Welsh Proms
- Wales Millennium Centre - performing arts venue, also serves as a home the Welsh National Opera
- SWALEC Stadium - a regular Test and one-day international cricket venue, following the amazing success of the first Ashes test at the stadium in 2009
- Cardiff City Stadium - football and rugby stadium
- Cardiff Cycle Tours is a great way to discover Cardiff. Take a leisurely guided ride on great British bikes through this wonderful green city.
Places to eat
- Mill Lane
- Jamie's Italian
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen
- plus Italian, Indian, Latin, American and more